We're hiring experienced account executives.
‘Wicked Cool’ experiences coming to Downtown Knoxville through Oct. 31
Something is brewing in Downtown Knoxville this Halloween season with “Wicked Cool” photo opportunities, activities and specials returning to the city center for a frighteningly fun and family-friendly time.
Through Oct. 31, Market Square, Gay Street, the Old City and other downtown areas will transform into a “Wicked Cool” world of startling spiders, floating ghosts, hidden black cats and eerie lighting.
“This year, we are celebrating the spirit of Downtown Knoxville,” said Michele Hummel, executive director of the Downtown Knoxville Alliance. “Residents and visitors enjoyed Wicked Cool so much during its first year that we have expanded the event with even more decorations and expect more merchants to be involved. Creep down to downtown for Halloween-themed treats, cocktails and surprises.”
Several spooky photo spots are located around downtown, and visitors are encouraged to snap a photo and share on social media using #KnoxHalloween and tag @downtownknox.
There’s magic around every corner. Visit downtownknoxville.org/wicked to discover it all, including:
- Wicked Cool Cats: This self-guided scavenger hunt is new in 2022. Overcome superstitions and search for the nine black cats hidden in plain sight in downtown business windows. Find clues to start the search at org/wicked/coolcats.
- Thrills and chills: From zombie walks to classic cartoons for kids, Downtown Knoxville has Halloween fun for the entire family.
- Wicked walks & photo ops: Ghosts in Ghoulish Grove, the Krutch Park Creature, a Full Moon photo op outside the Knoxville Chamber, plus more—there are frightful and fun surprises throughout downtown.
- Treats without the tricks: Sip on supernatural cocktails, taste terrifyingly good food and shop ghoulish goodies from downtown businesses.
- Costume contest: Show off your haunting Halloween style on Gay Street with the Tennessee Theatre marquee in the background and you could win a prize. Upload your photo online at org/wicked/costume-contest or share on social media tagged with #KnoxHalloween.
“We look forward to welcoming everyone and hope they have a Wicked Cool time in Downtown Knoxville this October,” Hummel said. “Special thanks to our planning partners and the downtown businesses that embrace the Halloween spirit and make this event just as successful as it is fun.”
Wicked Cool is made possible by the Downtown Knoxville Alliance, Dogwood Arts, City of Knoxville, Graphic Creations, Christmas Decor Plus More and downtown businesses and property owners.
About the Downtown Knoxville Alliance
Ensuring a vibrant, flourishing downtown is the primary mission of the Downtown Knoxville Alliance (DKA). Formed in 1993 as a Central Business Improvement District (CBID), the district encompasses a 0.67-square-mile area and is supported by a special assessment to property owners that is used to make improvements, enhance services and promote downtown. The DKA continually focuses on attracting and retaining a thriving community of residents, businesses and visitors in Downtown Knoxville. For more information, visit downtownknoxville.org.