We're hiring experienced account executives.
U.S. CELLULAR OFFERS FREE DEVICE WORKSHOP FOR NEW SMARTPHONE AND TABLET OWNERS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 9, 2013
For more information, contact:
Lauren Christ, Public Relations Counsel
Kelly Harfoot, U.S. Cellular
Get the most out of holiday gifts and learn about apps to help you keep your New Year’s resolutions
Did you receive a new smartphone or tablet this holiday season? For those who recently made the switch to a smartphone or tablet, or simply upgraded their device this past holiday season, U.S. Cellular will offer free Device Workshops in Knoxville this month.
Free Device Workshops are available on the following dates at these convenient locations:
- Saturday, Jan. 12, at 9 a.m. at the U.S. Cellular store at 4873 N. Broadway
- Saturday, Jan. 19, at 9 a.m. at the U.S. Cellular store at 2736 Schaad Road
- Thursday, Jan. 31, at 6 p.m. at the U.S. Cellular store at 8401 Kingston Pike
U.S. Cellular associates will help attendees get the most out of the features on their Android-powered, Windows Phone and BlackBerry devices, such as the 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy S III and 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy Note II. The workshops are open to both new and existing smartphone and tablet users, and attendees do not have to be a U.S. Cellular customer.
“Smartphones were a popular gift this holiday season,” said Jack Brundige, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in Tennessee. “At our January Device Workshops, associates can help you learn about your device and even show you how smartphones and tablets can help simplify and organize your life in 2013.”
The start of a New Year is the perfect time for a fresh start, and your smartphone can serve as a handy tool to help you with your New Year’s resolutions. Whether your resolution is to lose weight, get better organized or save money, experts say making a daily effort will help you accomplish your goals and apps make that easier than ever.
U.S. Cellular has rounded up some great apps to help you follow through on your resolutions:
- Health and Fitness – If you’re ready to eat right and exercise more in 2013, tracking your progress will help you reach your fitness goals faster. Check out MyFitnessPal in the Google Play store. Quickly track your calorie intake, fitness activity and weight loss progress from your phone without slowing down. It also has a built-in barcode scanner to make finding healthy foods a snap.
- Organization/Time Management – In today’s fast-paced world, many people struggle with balancing all the tasks of their day-to-day lives. U.S. Cellular’s Family Organizer app powered by Cozi helps you manage your family calendar, grocery shopping lists, to-do lists and family journal while you’re on the go. The free app makes it easy to plan meals, synch calendars with your spouse and kids, making the chaos of family life pocket-size.
- Better Budgeting – When making their New Year’s resolutions, many people admit that they could always do a better job of saving money. The free Mint.com app and accompanying website keeps a detailed account of all your finances by connecting securely to your bank and credit card accounts and tracking all the money you earn and spend in one easy location. Avoid the time-consuming method of checking each account separately, and view spending patterns in an easy-to-read chart to save you time and money.
- Kick Those Pesky Habits – A popular New Year’s resolution is to quit a bad habit like smoking, nail-biting or buying too many pricey cappuccinos. Quitter is a free app designed to help you kick undesirable habits. Tell the app what you want to quit, when you want to quit, how often you used the item in question and how much it costs. The app will then tell you on a daily basis how long it’s been since you quit and how much money you’ve saved since then. Seeing your progress in terms of money saved will help you curb your desire and kick that bad habit for good in 2013.
“We believe that each customer deserves the best wireless experience, so our associates are here to help you get the most out of your device. Whether you need to simply learn the basics about your new smartphone or tablet or want to put your current device to work for you in 2013, our Device Workshops are a great place to start,” Brundige said.
For more information or to RSVP for the upcoming Device Workshop, please call:
- 865-862-3969 for the Jan. 12 Device Workshop at the N. Broadway U.S. Cellular store
- 865-938-2363 for the Jan. 19 Device Workshop at the Schaad Rd. U.S. Cellular store
- 865-777-7777 for the Jan. 31 Device Workshop at the Kingston Pike U.S. Cellular store
LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular rewards its customers with unmatched benefits and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier has a strong line-up of cutting-edge devices that are all backed by its high-speed nationwide network that has the highest call quality of any national carrier. Currently, 58 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds and 87 percent will have access by the end of 2013. U.S. Cellular was named a J.D. Power and Associates Customer Service Champion in 2012 for the second year in a row. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.