We're hiring experienced account executives.
Sweet P’s Uptown Corner to offer week of fun specials for grand opening
Sweet P’s Uptown Corner will host a week of themed specials from Oct. 19-24 to celebrate the grand opening of the new location in Fountain City.
“We’re so excited to open the first full-service Sweet P’s concept in North Knoxville,” said Chris Ford, owner of Sweet P’s Barbeque. “We’ve had a great initial response, and it’s time to properly celebrate with a full week of fun specials, entertainment and discounts for our community.”
The grand opening week will feature activities ranging from trivia to an outdoor pig roast. A portion of proceeds on Wednesday, Oct. 20, will be donated to Shannondale Elementary School.
“Each day is a supersized version of the types of events, specials and fun that you can expect from Uptown Corner going forward – and of course the delicious food and drinks,” Ford said. “We hope we’ll become your favorite gathering spot!”
Sweet P’s Uptown Corner, located at 3029 Tazewell Pike, invites everyone to enjoy the grand opening week with the following specials:
- Tuesday Night Trivia with the Trivia Guys from 7-9 p.m.
- Well-wishes Wednesday: $2 off well drinks from 6-9 p.m. A portion of proceeds from the entire day will be donated to Shannondale Elementary.
- Thrifty Thursday: Half-off bottles of wine and all-night Happy Hour from 3-10 p.m., including $1 off wings and appetizers.
- Friday Night Lights: Watch your favorite local high school football team on TV. Wear your high school swag or attire from any area school for special food discounts.
- Saturday Pig Roast: Sweet P’s goes whole hog. Stop by to watch us roast a whole pig in the parking lot starting at lunch and enjoy themed drinks. Watch the Vols take on Alabama at 7 p.m.
- Super Smokin’ Sundays: Enjoy the new brunch menu and watch any NFL game you want on our NFL ticket with $3 mimosas and Sweet P’s signature Bloody Mary, the Smokey Maria.
Guests also can enjoy Happy Hour every weekday from 3-6 p.m., including $1 off draft beer, well drinks, glasses of house wine, appetizers and wings.
About Sweet P’s Barbecue
Sweet P’s Barbecue was started in 2009 by Chris Ford. Today, Sweet P’s remains a family business dedicated to providing a classic Southern experience with some of the best barbecue in the region. Sweet P’s Downtown Dive, located at 410 W. Jackson Ave., was borne from love of classic American dive bars and barbecue joints and carries on the tradition of the company’s Southern heritage. The first full service Sweet P’s, the Uptown Corner, opened in Fountain City in 2021. Menu items are made daily using the highest quality fresh ingredients. For more information, visit www.sweetpbbq.com. Follow Sweet P’s BBQ and Downtown Dive and Sweet P’s Uptown Corner on Facebook and @sweetpbbq on Twitter and Instagram.