We're hiring experienced account executives.
Mobile wallets offer safety and convenience
U.S. Cellular helps customers set up convenient payments on the go
Forty-five percent of smartphone owners would rather live without their wallets than their smartphones, according to a recent U.S. Cellular consumer survey*. In fact, 65 percent report never leaving home without them.
Now that making a payment is as simple as a phone tap, there is no need to carry both your phone and wallet as its just one more thing to carry or to misplace.
Young adults (ages 18 to 24) are more than twice as likely to make a mobile payment as the total population, according to the latest research from GfK. In fact, mobile transactions now account for seven percent of purchases for Generation Z, compared to just three percent of the U.S. general population.
“With more retail stores providing mobile payments we expect more people to check out using their smartphones,” states Nathan Waddell, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in Tennessee. “Consumers no longer have to worry about the clutter of a wallet filled with credit cards, loyalty cards and cash.
“U.S. Cellular provides access to LTE networks that keep people connected in their backyard and across the country making mobile payments easy and convenient. Just a simple touch will make a payment from your smartphone.”
Below are a few simple steps on setting up the two most popular mobile payment systems, Apple Pay and Google Wallet. It is highly recommended that you use a secure network or Wi-Fi connection during set up and not a public one.
Setting up Apple Pay is easy with the latest iPhone 6s.
- Open settings and tap on Passbook & Apple Pay.
- Add a credit card by entering the applicable Apple ID as touch ID won’t work during setup. It is also possible to select the card on file with iTunes by entering the security code on the back of the card.
- Agree to term and select location preference.
- To use Apple Pay, tap the device on any payment terminal while holding the Touch ID sensor. It is not necessary to unlock the phone. Apple Pay uses fingerprints to authenticate the transaction.
Setting up Google Wallet is easy on Android devices like the latest Samsung Galaxy s7.
- Open the Google Play store and download the Google Wallet app. Once it is installed, tap the launcher to begin setting up Google Wallet.
- Set up a PIN for Google Wallet and enter it to set up payment.
- Enter the credit card information on the main Wallet screen. Once the card has been added, Google Wallet Tap and Pay is ready to use.
- To make a payment, unlock the phone, tap and pay. It might be necessary to enter the Google Wallet Pin to authenticate the transaction.
To learn more about mobile payments, U.S. Cellular offers device workshops for the entire community, including those who are not U.S. Cellular customers. Visit www.uscellular.com to find a nearby location.
¹ Between Nov. 12-21, 2015, a total of 735 online interviews were conducted among a nationally representative sample by Consumer Insights, in partnership with Maritz CX.
Additional data charges may apply. 4G LTE service may be provided through King Street Wireless, a partner of U.S. Cellular. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
About King Street Wireless, L.P.
King Street Wireless, L.P. currently holds 700 MHz wireless spectrum in 27 states and is partnering with Chicago-based U.S. Cellular to deliver high-speed 4G LTE service to U.S. Cellular’s customers in several of the carrier’s markets. King Street Wireless is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia where it is recognized for its involvement in its community both through its economic development and philanthropic efforts. To learn more about King Street Wireless, visit www.kingstreetwireless.com.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier has a strong line-up of cutting-edge devices that are all backed by a high-quality network in big and small cities and rural communities, and currently, 99 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds. U.S. Cellular was named a J.D. Power and Associates Customer Champion in 2014 for the third time in four years. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.