We're hiring experienced account executives.
Knoxville Symphony League Show House to open on Rocky Hill
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 21, 2016
For more information:
Public invited to gather home ideas, support Knoxville Symphony Orchestra
East Tennessee residents and visitors are invited to collect home decorating tips and inspiration at the 29th annual Knoxville Symphony League Show House on April 9-24.
The 5,000-square-foot home in Legacy Cove at Rocky Hill features the handiwork of 13 of the area’s most prestigious local designers. The Show House will be open Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., and Sunday, 1-5 p.m. at 1316 Legacy Cove Way. On Wednesday, April 13 and April 20, the house will also be open 5-8 p.m.
In the newly developed neighborhood, this Johnson & Galyon home features a master suite, three bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, dining room, great room, game room, hobby/craft room, music room and kitchen with breakfast room. Single tickets to tour the house are $15, and a season pass is $25.
“The Knoxville Symphony League has been organizing and sharing show houses with the community for nearly 30 years,” said Elizabeth Grant, chair of the Knoxville Symphony League Show House, which benefits the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra. “We hope everyone will visit the house to get ideas for their own homes and support the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra, as it celebrates its 80th anniversary.”
New this year, the Knoxville Symphony League offers various workshops and lectures at the Show House. The schedule features:
- Art and music outdoors by Susan Mink Colclough, artist, and Michael Grant, guitar: Wednesday, April 13 and Wednesday, April 20 at 1 p.m.
- Caring and feeding of your Antiques by Scott Bishop of Westwood Antiques & Design Market: Saturday, April 9, 2 p.m.
- Design Trends 2016 by Janice Moore and Rachael Sheridan of Town House Interiors: Thursday, April 14 at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Dream Makers by Sandy Kozar of Decorating Den: Friday, April 15; Saturday, April 16; Friday, April 22; and Saturday, April 23 at 1 p.m.
- Elements of Design by Sandy Kozar of Decorating Den Interiors: Friday, April 15; Saturday, April 16; Friday, April 22; and Saturday, April 23, at 10 a.m.
- Floral demonstration by Random Acts of Flowers: Monday, April 11 at 2 p.m.
- How to make your home green by Angela Shilling of The Green Urbanite: Sunday, April 17, and Sunday, April 24 at 2 p.m.
- How to write a novel by Michael Grant, novelist: Wednesday, April 13, 11 a.m.
- Meeting organizing needs through storage design by Chris McKenry of Closets by McKenry: Tuesday, April 12, 11 a.m.
- Organizing principles for active families by Chris McKenry of Closets by McKenry: Sunday, April 10, 2 p.m.
The on-site symphony gift shop also will offer decorating ideas and an assortment of items for sale. Private and corporate parties can be booked at the Show House by contacting Connie Graham at [email protected].
To reach Rocky Hill Baptist Church, where the shuttle will take guests to the house, take Kingston Pike to Morrell Road and travel two miles before turning left on Northshore Drive. The church, located at 7409 Northshore Drive, is on the left.
“In the heart of Bearden on Northshore Drive, this home is in a prime location,” Grant said. “Visitors will enjoy not only the interior of this house but also the landscaping that comes with new construction.”
Local designers who loaned their talents to the 2016 Show House include Accent on Home; Braden’s Lifestyles; Closets by McKenry; Decorating Den Interiors; Dominick’s Antiques & Elegance; Elizabeth Grant Designs; Ethan Allen Design Center; The Painted Pig; Todd Richesin Interiors; Town House Interiors; Westwood Antique & Design Market; Williams Bell; and The Great Backyard Place.
For more information on the 2016 Show House, visit http://www.knoxvillesymphonyleague.org/.
The Knoxville Symphony League has benefited the Knoxville Symphony Orchestra through a variety of fundraisers since 1952. The Show House is one of the league’s biggest annual events and funds KSO programs that provide cultural and educational outreach in the community.