We're hiring experienced account executives.
FIVE U.S. CITIES WIN SHARE OF $200,000 TO BUILD DOG PARKS THROUGH PETSAFE ‘BARK FOR YOUR PARK’ CONTEST
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 31, 2013
For more information,
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Dogs across the nation will soon have more places to play as PetSafe awarded a total of $200,000 in funding to build off-leash dog parks in the winning cities of this year’s “Bark for Your Park” contest.
Five communities across the nation will split the $200,000 to make their dog park dreams a reality.
· Texarkana, Texas, was named the grand prize winner, receiving the most votes and winning a $100,000 PetSafe dog park.
· Conway, Ark., won the large city category, winning $25,000 toward building a local dog park.
· Wheeling, W. Va., won the medium city category, earning $25,000 in dog park funding.
· Mountain House, Calif., won the small city category and a prize of $25,000 in dog park funding.
· Silver Cliff, Colo., was named the “Bark from Your Heart” award winner, earning the highest ratio of votes to population out of the contest’s 15 finalist cities and also winning $25,000.
With a total of 1,130 cities nominated in the contest and a total of more than 820,000 votes cast for the 15 finalist cities, the nationwide enthusiasm for dog parks is irrefutable.
“Congratulations to these passionate, pet-loving cities,” said Randy Boyd, president and CEO of Radio Systems Corporation, maker of the PetSafe brand. “Giving these communities a ‘paw’ up to build their dog parks is a proud moment for the PetSafe family, but what we’re most looking forward to is the day when dogs of all breeds, colors and sizes will run through their new parks. And likewise, their owners – people of all ages, genders and races – will sit on the same bench and find common ground in their love for their pets.
“Whether to exercise, play or socialize, these future dog parks will bring people and pets together. That’s the magic of a dog park – and the aim of the ‘Bark for Your Park’ contest.”
In the third year of the contest, PetSafe increased the total prize money to $200,000 and the number of winning cities to five in order to help more U.S. cities build local dog parks.
“Our canine best friends deserve a safe place to run, play and socialize,” Boyd said. “Dog park activities benefit dogs’ physical health and mental wellness – and some playtime in the sunshine is healthy for the owners as well. If your town doesn’t have a dog park, check out the tips and tools on our website to get started. Even after the contest, you can ‘bark’ for your park, and your community will reap the benefits.”
Headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee, PetSafe leads the industry in the development of innovative pet behavior, containment, lifestyle product solutions and services. Visit: www.petsafe.net.