We're hiring experienced account executives.
Express ‘Much Love’ with Downtown Knoxville in celebration of Valentine’s Day
Now through Feb. 14, little signs of love will be displayed in Downtown Knoxville, so the community can express “Much Love” in celebration of Valentine’s Day from photo ops to light displays to a special I LOVE KNOX mailbox.
The Downtown Knoxville Alliance, in partnership with the City of Knoxville and Dogwood Arts, has created the safe, outdoor activities, including a mailbox inviting visitors and residents to write love letters to Knoxville.
“The pandemic has changed the way people celebrate holidays, and Valentine’s Day will be no different,” said Michele Hummel, executive director of the Downtown Knoxville Alliance. “We wanted to provide couples and friends some safe and memorable ways to celebrate downtown and to inspire the community to express love and appreciation.”
The Downtown Knoxville Alliance is inviting community members and visitors to write love letters to the city, sharing a special memory, favorite downtown spot or what they love most about the city. A bright red, four-foot mailbox featuring artwork by Paris Woodhull will be in Market Square along Union Avenue from Feb. 1-14 to collect the letters.
Along with a series of just-for-fun coloring pages, a love letter template has been designed and can be downloaded and printed at downtownknoxville.org/loveletters/. An electronic option is also available for those who can’t make it to Market Square but still want to share their love for the city. The Downtown Knoxville Alliance will do its best to deliver messages to the right places and people and may share some notes via social media.
“Our goal with the ‘Much Love’ activities is to spread love throughout our community,” Hummel said. “The love letters are a fun way for everyone to make the City of Knoxville their Valentine.”
Downtown Knoxville also will offer a variety of love-themed activities from Feb. 1-14 to celebrate the holiday such as:
- Stroll: Steal a kiss as you stroll under the twinkling lights of Krutch Park or drop to one knee in Market Square, surrounded by the Peppermint Grove’s thousands of red and white lights. Both light displays will shine through Feb. 14.
- Pose: Pull your Valentine in close at one of Downtown Knoxville’s love-themed photo ops, including an illuminated, iconic heart sculpture in Krutch Park and several love-themed murals by local artists around Market Square.
- Dine: Plan the perfect date night with friends or that special someone at downtown restaurants offering take-out and reservations.
- Indulge: Don’t forget the chocolate! Pick up sweets for your sweetie at a downtown restaurant or shop.
- Share: Find a special token of love with a Downtown Knoxville gift guide.
Details on these love-themed ideas and activities are available at https://www.downtownknoxville.org/muchlove.
The Downtown Knoxville Alliances reminds everyone to make health and safety a top priority. Wear a mask, practice physical-distancing and stay home when sick.
About the Downtown Knoxville Alliance
Ensuring a vibrant, flourishing downtown is the primary mission of the Downtown Knoxville Alliance (DKA). Formed in 1993 as a Central Business Improvement District (CBID), the district encompasses a 0.67-square-mile area and is supported by a special assessment to property owners that is used to make improvements, enhance services and promote downtown. The DKA continually focuses on attracting and retaining a thriving community of residents, businesses and visitors in Downtown Knoxville. For more information, visit https://www.downtownknoxville.org.