We're hiring experienced account executives.
Deck the halls with tinsel and tech: Best gifts of 2018
U.S. Cellular offers technology gift recommendations for everyone on your list
It’s that time of the year again, as families across East Tennessee start planning for the holidays and making gift lists. With one in three consumers already owning a wearable device and more than 40 percent of consumers expecting to buy a wearable in the next year according to U.S. Cellular’s annual consumer survey,1 sales of technology gifts show no signs of slowing.
Technology gifts continue evolving and becoming even smaller, more innovative, and best of all, more affordable. It’s likely that shoppers can find a device to delight each member of the family on their holiday gift list.
“Technology and wireless devices can enhance many aspects of our lives and businesses. They also make wonderful gifts for family and friends during the holidays,” said Nathan Waddell, U.S. Cellular’s director of sales in East Tennessee. “U.S. Cellular offers the latest technology all year long, but our local associates enjoy matching shoppers with the perfect gifts during the holiday giving season.”
U.S. Cellular has recommendations for everyone from tech-savvy teens to the house chef.
- For anyone who exercises, whether they run marathons or walk occasionally, wearables have evolved into so much more than pedometers.
- The Apple Watch now offers many functions without needing to be tethered to your iPhone, including calls and texts. With features like the new EKG or electrocardiogram function cleared by the FDA, the water-resistant Series 4 can even alert family members if the wearer falls or experiences irregular heart rates.
- For those who take their devices everywhere, make sure they can keep them charged and ready.
- The Samsung Wireless Charging Convertible Stand allows users to avoid wires and not worry about misplaced charging cables.
- The iWALK Scorpion Portable Charger is a charging bank that can simultaneously charge three devices with built-in cables allowing users to share power with a friend or family member.
- The PureGear Portable Charger 3000 mAh is compact and lightweight, but still packs a punch.
- For those who need a helping hand, select the latest smart home technology at affordable prices for the perfect gift.
- Voice assistants such as the Google Home Mini or Amazon Echo Dot can play music or even order a pizza when the third day of holiday leftovers isn’t appealing. Both options are under $50.
- For the cook, the newest smart home technology comes with hands-free visuals.
- The Google Home Hub combines the best features of Google Home with a vibrant HD display that comes alive to illustrate every step for the perfect holiday recipe. Ask Google to find the recipe, play background music for holiday cheer, and even video chat the other cooks in the family for tips.
- For music lovers, speakers and earbuds are becoming increasingly compact and portable.
- Holiday parties are great for classic tunes, and the JBL Pulse 3 Bluetooth speaker delivers superb sound.
- For those who want a multi-functional device, the JBL Link 10 combines a Bluetooth speaker and the capability of the Google Home voice assistant.
- For personal listening, the wireless Apple AirPods are lightweight, sleek and seamlessly pair with any Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet or even a smart watch. Their case serves as a charger, keeping them charged and ready.
¹ Between Nov. 10-17, 2017, a total of 701 online interviews were conducted among a nationally representative sample by Consumer Insights, in partnership with Maritz CX.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier offers coverage where the other carriers don’t and a wide range of communication services that enhance consumers’ lives, increase the competitiveness of local businesses and improve the efficiency of government operations. For the fifth time in a row, U.S. Cellular has the Highest Wireless Network Quality Performance, according to J.D. Power’s twice-annual U.S. Wireless Network Quality Performance Study, and 99 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or www.uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.